Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Listening to Termites Munching Down

Just listen to the termites munching down - I don't remember where I heard that phrase but it strikes a cord in me and I like to say it a lot lately. Its funny to use it describing what condition your house of dreams may be in at a moment when you feel you aren't making enough time in your own life to fulfill those far out wistful goals. The pursuit of a goal that could have its own television reality show.
One thing is definite my reality show would not be filled with friends trying to set me up with Pro-Athletes. Maybe one or two smooth skinned muscle men would possible make an appearance but only to show the type of man that I am not attracted to. Men with big brains is what I would feature as todays hottest catch. Watch and learn ladies how to find someone that has enough intellect and common sense to ensure your boat stays afloat in the sea of life! I'm sure that would be a big hit.
Termites munching down is the white noise I hear in the back of my thoughts while I take another lap around the track or don't click buy or enter my card number when I see something Id really like to buy online. In yoga class we sometimes use a word or phrase over and over again in our heads to help us relax or meditate. Here's a good one I chant over and over again "I love to sweat and save money".  Oh I will have an apple with my Panera sandwich and soup combo when the chips or the bread would have really been soo good.
Termites Munching down on my daily approach to an adult life that is going to take me where I want to go. I know the balance and everything in moderation is key and that is just what I will hear going on in my brain until the girls get together again.

2 comments:

  1. what is a coiff?!....
    and how does it feel to blog or blurb or ramble on? .....
    It must feel like dorothy felt when she finally made it back to kansas <3 im lovin it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was freaking hilarious. I might use the "sweat and save money" line myself soon. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete